Project Application and Qualifying Questionnaire
HomeAid Hawaii accepts project applications from Hawaii non-profits who provide shelter, housing, or services to individuals and families experiencing homelessness. We provide assistance to qualifying non-profits for renovations to existing facilities, construction of new facilities and common areas, as well as CareAid projects which typically are one or two day light-work projects. We provide these services pro-bono or deeply discounted to the applying non-profit service provider. Eligible organizations provide housing and social services that enable residents to transform their lives out of homelessnes and towards self-sufficiency. To determine if your organization has an eligible project, we welcome you to download and complete the qualifying questionnaire.
Here’s how the process works:
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Please submit your qualifying questionnaire application prior to submitting the project application. Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 11811 Honolulu, HI 96828.
- Once you receive notification that your agency qualifies to apply for assistance from HomeAid Hawaii, you will be notified and sent a project application.
- Applications will be reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors of HomeAid Hawai‘i.
- Once a non-profit is selected, we secure builders who are willing to construct the projects at a deep discount or pro-bono by enlisting their trade partners to commit their time and materials as in-kind donations.
If you have any difficulty completing parts of the project application, please contact Executive Director Nani Medeiros at email@example.com or 808-594-2597for guidance prior to submitting your application.